Welcome to my blog

Studio La Bella is a Boutique Photography and Design Studio located in Perth, Western Australia. I specialize in Lifestyle and Wedding Photography and dabble in a bit of Graphic Designing. I have a passion for photography and love using natural light so most of my shoots are done in the great out doors. I am so excited to share my latest work, thoughts and inspirational titbits with you on my blog! Please feel free to leave me a comment and pop over to Facebook and 'Like' the Studio La Bella page. www.facebook.com/StudioLaBella

Saturday, February 4, 2012

D.I.Y. Mini Top Hat

Hi guys

I spent the last month trying to think of some new blog post ideas and here is what I came up with.  So I am a huge prop junky but props can be really expensive. I decided to make some props myself and share with you how I did it!

This week I will show you how to make a mini top hat photo prop.


What you will need:
- 2 A4 pieces of felt (in the color that you want)
- 2 A4 pieces of cardboard
- pencil
- ruler
- scissors
- glue gun
- glue sticks
- tape
- compass tool (to draw a circles)
- hair clips
- hair band
- sewing machine

How to:

Step 1: Draw your shapes


Using your ruler and pencil draw a rectangle on your cardboard approximately 26cm x 11cm. Inside the rectangle draw a second rectangle approximately 24cm x 9cm .

Using your compass tool, draw a circle of approximately 9.5cm diameter. Inside the circle draw a second circle of approximately 7cm diameter.

Using your compass tool, draw 2 circles of approximately 14.5cm diameter. Inside both circles draw a circle of approximately 12cm diameter.  Inside one of the circles draw a circle of approximately 6cm diameter.

Step 2: Cut out your shapes


Step 3: Trace your shapes onto your felt


Step 4: Cut out your felt shapes


Step 5: Cut all your shapes down to the second shapes drawn



Step 6: Glue cardboard shapes to felt shapes



Step 7: Fold and stitch as close to the edge you can


Step 8: Cut off excess fabric


Step 9: Glue the edge of the long piece to form a cylinder


Step 10: Glue the small circle to the top of the cylinder  


Step 11: Glue the circle with the hole in to the bottom of the cylinder


Step 12: Using the tape, tape the circle to the cylinder on the inside (just to hold it secure)


Step 13: Glue the last circle to the hat to finish off


Step 14: Glue clips to the bottom of the hat and clip it to the head band


Step 15: Decorate your hat to your liking



No comments: